Packing Guide for a Week in Greece
You have finally booked your break away at one of the many Mitsis or Ikos Resorts in Greece, but if it’s your first trip to one of the stunning Greek Islands, then you may be wondering what to pack. So whether it’s a city break in Athens, or a honeymoon in Santorini, here are some of our top packing tips for you from our luxury travel experts at Going Luxury.
• Passport and tickets – you won’t be going very far without these.
• Travel insurance
• Personal medications and prescriptions, if required.
• A sturdy carry on case, or a backpack, that can be used for sightseeing tours. If you are visiting Santorini, where it is renowned for being hilly, try and avoid bringing a wheelie case.
• Packing cubes will help keep your clothing and electrical items organised within your suitcase.
• Mobile phone and a portable travel charger.
• A travel adaptor, if you don’t have the above. The most common outlets are type C, E and F.
• A beach towel that isn’t too bulky.
• A sun cream that has a suitable SPF and UVA rating.
• A Sun Hat.
• A water bottle with a built-in filter.
• A cover up, such as a kaftan, that can either go over a bikini by that infinity pool or with some trousers during sightseeing.
• 2 – 3 pairs of comfortable flats, that have a decent grip on their sole to ensure you don’t slip when walking up the steps amongst the white-washed buildings. Heels should be avoided, as many streets are cobbled, and monuments ban them altogether.
• Flip flops for the beach or walking around the pool.
• 2 swimsuits or bikinis.
• A light jacket for those chilly evenings in October-November.
• A sarong is as good as a beach cover up and can be placed over shoulders in the evening to keep warm.
• For men, it’s a good idea to pack some smart shirts for evening meals in the hotel restaurants.
• Maxi dresses can be worn when looking around the shops, in the evening at a local taverna or on the flight over.
• White clothing is ideal for keeping cool, as it reflects the sunlight and is often a popular choice across Greece.
• 7 pairs of underwear. Strapless or multiway bras are ideal for wearing underneath everything.
Tips for Packing
• Wear your bulkiest items to free up space in your case.
• Decant your toiletries, such as shower gel and shampoo, into 100 ml bottles.
• Don’t fill up free space, as this can be used on the return trip for all of those souvenirs you are bound to pick up.
• Lay everything out, either on the floor or bed and take pictures, so you can see what you can put together and are most likely to wear.
• Write a list of everything you need and stick to it.
• Avoid carrying loads of cash.
• Remember the 100 ml rule that applies to liquids, gels and pastes.
Haven’t booked your Great Greek Getaway yet?
If you are curious about Greece and would like to discover exactly what this diverse destination has to offer, then why not check out our posts on Ikos or Mitis and chat to one of our luxury holiday experts, who will be able to help you find the perfect package and destination for you and your family.
Alternatively, we can also be contacted via telephone on 0207 0303 960.